Are you ready to test your knowledge? Here are ten objective questions:
1. It's best to use block paragraphing.
2. It's best to use a font like Times New Roman for your headings.
3. You normally want the same space above and below your headings.
4. A down style heading capitalizes only the first letter of the heading.
5. There's no standard method for punctuating bulleted items.
6. The preferred font for body text in business writing is 12-point Times New Roman.
7. Labels for illustrations normally use a serifed font.
8. Labels for illustrations normally are the same size as the body type.
9. Use underlining only for special circumstances—preferring italic instead.
10. Allow plenty of white space at the top of your first page.
Your next step
Would you like to print a paper copy of the suggestions in this Web site? Then your next step is the handout.
2007 by Edward P. Bailey